Monday, April 14, 2014

On God-Sized Assignments and Faith

 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13 KJV)

I have been reading an excellent book called Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby. There was a little marginal note which was so powerful when I read it that I kept going back to it as I continued to read the book. It read: "When we think that God can do nothing significant through us that says more about our belief in God than about ourselves."

I know I have been guilty of this unbelief. I have seen God leading me into a ministry area and seeing my own inadequacy, I denied that God could do anything through me. How foolish when I think about it now. Here I am telling the God of the Universe. The being who set the stars in their courses, the architect of the galaxies, that he is too weak to give me the resources to do his will. Blackaby also says in his book that God will never give you a "God-sized assignment" without giving you "God-sized tools" to carry it out.

In fact, when I am the weakest, that's when God is at his best in putting me to work. That is the point at which I have to depend totally on him for my ability. That is when the accomplishment of the task is the greatest miracle.

So, if you think God isn't able to do anything through you, think again. He is a big God. After all, if he could do any type of work through me, he must be big.

Lord, let me never shrink from any task you set before me, but give me the understanding that your voice will never lead me where your power will not sustain me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment